THE MESQUITE CLUB

Serving Las Vegas since 1911

  The Mesquite Club brings women together to work with community partners and improve the lives of the local Las Vegas community. Many of our projects focus on improving the lives of women and children.


  Membership affords each woman educational, charitable, artistic, volunteer, leadership and social opportunities. Often our members say that one of the greatest benefits, besides helping our community, is the life-long friendships that are created by working together on worthwhile projects. We offer both daytime and evening meeting options to include all members.  


Our Purpose  

  For more than 100 years the Las Vegas community has been and continues to spear head wide-ranging philanthropic projects of which Mesquite Club members donate their time, financial support and energy. Various organizations supported by the club include but are not limited to Doris French Elementary School, Shade Tree Shelter, USO, Melanoma Research Foundation, Kids to Kids Reading Program, items for women's shelters and local USO facilities.


  Our Members  

Mesquite Club offers women an opportunity to make a difference in the community, to form lasting friendships and to pursue life-long learning. Members have a strong desire to work together for a higher purpose. Several ladies have been members for over 50 years. Within our membership, we have two groups that meet on a regular basis. The "Daytime" group meets three Fridays a month. The "Evening" group meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. The club year runs from September through May. The club has supported The City Impact Center, USO, as well as Hygiene Bags will be delivered to Nevada Homeless Youth this Spring.


Our History 

In 1911, 20 women founded the Mesquite Club in the City of Las Vegas. At that time, the population of the city was just over 1,000 and the city consisted of less than ten miles of graded and oiled roads. Most of 150 buildings in the city at the time were tents. The Club was founded to cover a broad area of endeavors of social, civic, and philanthropic importance, and the founders adopted the name of the Mesquite Club from the mesquite tree because so many of the trees grew where there was underground water.   In 1912, the Mesquite Club was affiliated with the international organization, General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC,) an international women's organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.     
 


CLUB MAILING ADDRESS: The Mesquite Club, Inc. P. O. Box 95662 Las Vegas, NV 89193   


CLUBHOUSE ADDRESS: 702 East St. Louis Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89104